Lately I've been particularly obsessed with a low carbohydrate, high fat approach to this whole foods lifestyle (seriously, check out my Instagram account for picture proof). The purpose of this protocol is to become fat adapted and get my body to use stored fat for fuel versus dietary sugars. Done correctly, this can also be known as Nutritional Ketosis.
Nutritional Ketosis is a state where your body produces and burns a superior type of fat called Ketones. Ketosis can be misunderstood and tricky to achieve, especially in today's carb loving society. But once there, it can produce a mecca of health benefits.
While the method of getting into Ketosis is simple, a diet consisting of high fat, moderate protein, and very low carb, the troubleshooting and explaining it to your Doctor or BFF is not so much. So besides spending endless hours combing the internet for accurate information, what is there to do?
Enter Jimmy Moore.
Jimmy could be any of us. He has a powerful story- in 2004 he started his health journey at 410 pounds. Today, he is a healthy, vibrant, and accessible member of this community.
And basically, I want to be Jimmy Moore. First of all, his southern drawl is pretty much awesome. Second of all, he makes very complex nutritional issues easy to understand and implement. Third of all, he busts myths like Bill Murray busts ghosts.
Jimmy's newest gift to the world is Keto Clarity, Your Definitive Guide to the Benefits of a Low-Carb, High-Fat Diet.
|Chandler wants to be able to run faster and jump higher.|
For those of you with athletic and performance goals, it has been found to enhance athletic performance. In endurance athletes, reaching nutritional ketosis can create a lasting energy store. For power athletes, some slight adjustments may be needed, but you can still reap the benefits.
Keto Clarity is an all in one guide to Nutritional Ketosis:
- What the heck is Nutritional Ketosis, what are the benefits, and how do I achieve it?
- Why do my doctors and friends seem convinced I'm out to kill myself?
- Common Mistakes and FAQs
- Science (yes, actual real science) to back up the high fat, low carb approach to eating.
- A 21 Day Meal Plan and a host of recipes. And bonus factor, if you turn to page 266 (the best page in the book, in my opinion) you'll find my contributed recipe- Pan Fried Breaded Pork Chops with Sauteed Kale
- If you aren't a big reader, Jimmy is actually self narrating the audio book, which is super exciting! (Southern drawl, remember?)
So I highly recommend you buy it and read it. And if you like the information, test it to see if it works for you!
Have you ever tried Nutritional Ketosis? Do you want to? Let me know in the comments!